Dion’s next studio album, Stomping Ground, will now be available on November 19, two weeks later than the date that had been previously announced for its release. The delay was necessitated by a production delay that jeopardized the originally planned release.
To date three singles from the album have been made available on digital platforms. These include “Take It Back” with Joe Bonamassa guesting and “I’ve Got To Get To You” with Boz Scaggs, Joe Menza and Mike Menza joining in. Just last week “Angel in the Alleyways” the track featuring Patti Scialfa and Bruce Springsteen was released.
A spokesperson for Keeping The Blues Alive Records, the label set to issue Stomping Ground, commented, “We are sorry that the originally announced release date cannot be met in light of current supply chain and manufacturing issues. The new street date is the soonest that the production deadlines would allow. Unfortunately, the CD and vinyl manufacturing industry have been plagued with several delays that are affecting many artists’ products and we are navigating this new reality the best we can. We thank Dion’s many fans for their continuing patience and are confident they will find Dion’s latest more than worth the wait.” She also noted that the release of the vinyl LP version of the album is expected before the end of the year.
Stomping Ground, produced by Wayne Hood and Dion, features a total of 14 tracks and includes musical contributions by Mark Knopfler, Eric Clapton, Peter Frampton, Billy F Gibbons, Keb’ Mo, Sonny Landreth, Marcia Ball, Jimmy Vivino, G.E. Smith, Rickie Lee Jones as well as the aforementioned Bonamassa, Scaggs and the Menzas. The album also includes original liner notes by Pete Townshend.
Stomping Ground CD track listing
1. Take It Back with Joe Bonamassa
2. Hey Diddle Diddle with G.E. Smith
3. Dancing Girl with Mark Knopfler
4. If You Wanna Rock ‘n’ Roll with Eric Clapton
5. There Was A Time with Peter Frampton
6. Cryin’ Shame with Sonny Landreth
7. The N ight Is Young with Joe Menza & Wayne Hood
8. That’s What The Doctor Said with Steve Conn
9. My Stomping Ground with Billy Gibbons
10. Angel In The Alleyways with Patti Scialfa & Bruce Springsteen
11. I’ve Got To Get To You with Boz Scaggs & Joe and Mike Menza
12. Red House with Keb’ Mo’
13. I Got My Eyes On You Baby with Marcia Ball & Jimmy Vivino
14. I’ve Been Watching with Rickie Lee Jones & Wayne Hood