Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey There
08-12-2014, 01:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-12-2014, 01:57 AM by JackCane.)
Hey There
Hi all, I`ve been a Blues Rock fan for as long as I care to remember & have been searching for a place like this on & off for years, finally last Friday night I just googled Blues Rock Forum & up pops this place,

Many thanks to Pete Francis for sorting out my registering issues.

So after all these years I`m thrilled to find this place i`m looking forward to finding more great bands with your help & also passing on some of my faves for your aural pleasure Big Grin ,In a brief introduction of who I am, I used to broadcast a 3 hour weekly Rock n Blues show on Arfm called Lightnin Jack Cane’s Rebel Rock n Blues, which covered The Blues, Southern Rock, Country Rock, Americana, Classic Rock & all things Bluesy n Soulful, the final playlist of which you can see below, I was also a Rock/Metal DJ around the local pubs & clubs in & around Hull (Yorkshire) after becoming very disillusioned with the music i was expected to play at the live nights & taking too much on with the Radio Show i decided to retire about from it all about 5yrs ago, but my passion for music both new & old is still as strong as ever, my personal heroes include Leslie West, Warren Haynes, Ronnie Van Zant, Dan Baird, Kelly Holland, Gary Moore, John Mellencamp, Pat Travers, Richie Kotzen plus a few more

Whilst browsing the site before my first post I was surprised to see that my favourite album of the last couple of years was nowhere to be seen , not strictly a blues rock album, more a classic rock affair but it does have a great Bluesy feel in places & I`m sure some here would like it so as my first offering I give you

Howlin Rain – Self Made Man (from the album The Russian Wilds)

& Howlin Rain – Can’t Satisfy Me Now (from the album The Russian Wilds)

& Finally the Final Rebel Rock n' Blues Playlist which will give you some kind of feel of how the show sounded

[Image: RebelRocknBlues2.jpg]
Anthony Gomes – Heartbreaker
Back Porch Mary – Sing You A Song
Sass Jordan – Windin Me Up
Popa Chubby – Nobody Knows You When Your Down & Out
The Band Of Heathens – Heart On My Sleeve
Richie Kotzen – Fooled Again
Blindside Blues Band – Keepers Of The Flame
The Parlor Mob – Tide Of Tears
Eric Gales – Save Yourself
Kid Rock – All Summer Long
Pat Travers – Statesboro Blues
Big & Rich – Deadwood Mountain
The Kentucky Headhunters – Back To The Sun
The Allman Brothers – Soulshine
Blackberry Smoke – Up In Smoke
Hogjaw – Junga
Indigenous – Place I Know
Eric Sardinas – Ride
Jesse James Dupree & Dixie Inc – Rev It Up & Go Go
The Answer – Be What You Want
PBR Allstars – Cowboy To The Core
Jeffrey Steele – Swamp Thing
Pat Green – Wave On Wave
Rory Gallagher – Fuel To The Fire
Rascal Flatts – What Hurts The Most
Montgomery Gentry – Look Some More
Black Stone Cherry – Things My Father Said
The Kentucky Headhunters – Too Much To Lose
Drive By Truckers – 3 Dimes Down
Dan Baird & Homemade Sin – Champagne Sparkle
Havana Black – Goodbye
Trent Tomlinson – The Next Time
Whitesnake – We Wish You Well
08-16-2014, 07:08 PM,
RE: Hey There
Hey mate, nice to have you here.
08-17-2014, 03:15 AM,
Thanks Whistler, i`m glad to be here just wish it was a little more lively
10-17-2014, 11:51 PM,
Welcome Jack. Nice to have some new people on here.

Actually Howling Rain was discussed a couple years back, I love the song Self Made Man, a great song.
10-20-2014, 03:28 AM,
Hi Rob, looks like we need to go on a recruitment drive Smile