Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best Modern Day Guitarist?
09-10-2012, 03:47 PM,
Best Modern Day Guitarist?
Obviously this is a very subjective question and impossible to determine, but who does everyone think is the best modern day guitarist? Bonamassa? Trucks? I'm curious as to what everyone thinks.
09-10-2012, 07:26 PM,
RE: Best Modern Day Guitarist?
I don't know if there is such a thing as best. There are so many that are incredible. Joe Bonemasa which I have seen live is one of the most talented I have seen. But the one guy I would like to see and probably will never get the chance, is Paul Rose. Paul Rose is an awesome guitar player. If You have never heard of him You can check him out at his website Paul Rose dot co dot uk. He has two new albums he is releasing sometime this year. One is a blues album. The other is called White Mountain Road. Neither have been released as of yet. He has several albums out and a good place to start is with the greatest hits cd or The Learning Curve which is his only Acoustic album.
09-10-2012, 08:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-11-2012, 02:44 PM by kevinorourke.)
(09-10-2012, 07:26 PM)Secoy Wrote: Paul Rose is an awesome guitar player.

I have his best of CD, Slideaways and Ten. I must concur that he is one heck of a player. I'd love to find more of them but they aren't easy to find here in the states.

KO
Besides attending concerts and listening to music obviously, I'm into my motorcycles, cooking, home brewing just to name a few hobbies.
kevin@bluesrockreview.com
09-11-2012, 02:16 PM,
I think Trucks and JB are at the top currently. I might give Derek a slight edge due to originality but I like JB's songs more.
09-11-2012, 03:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-11-2012, 08:27 PM by kevinorourke.)
I'll throw a new one in mix. Henrik Freischlader. Not real well known on this side of the pond yet but his albums consistently blow me away. For an autodidatic (self-taught) player he is pretty amazing.

Here's a couple of videos of him from the German TV show Rockpalast. How come we can't have something like this show in the US!!!! Austin City Limits is as close as we get and it's a far cry from the standard Blues Rock acts that Rockplast has on. Don't get me wrong I appreciate ACL. Just too much country stuff most of the time for me.

The Blues

Wolkenwinde - Translates as Bad Dream in English

The Bridge

Besides attending concerts and listening to music obviously, I'm into my motorcycles, cooking, home brewing just to name a few hobbies.
09-11-2012, 08:09 PM,
Some of Paul Rose cds are available through cd baby dot com or You can get them straight from the Guitarist himself at his website.
09-12-2012, 06:25 PM,
My list would also include Joe Bonamassa and Derek Trucks. I've seen both and each gave an incredible performance.
10-19-2012, 04:55 PM,
Lance Lopez
this guy kicks asses!
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_qu...ance+lopez
+
http://www.myspace.com/lancelopez
10-19-2012, 06:26 PM,
Agreed Lance Lopez is great.

KO
12-05-2012, 11:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-05-2012, 11:25 AM by muZZyblueZZy.)
(10-19-2012, 06:26 PM)kevinorourke Wrote: Agreed Lance Lopez is great.

KO

man, for sure you're right, he is great, but to me Lance Lopez is the best blues rock guitarist of today. He has a cool sound that successfully blends jimi, srv and zz top. Today I ran into his a video on youtube (in fact up to now I never heard any bad song from him), let's take a look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1jj-zSDiEQ
how do you like his this vid? Smile
(there his sound seems similar to zz top classics- brown sugar, waitin' for the bus and so on, and due to I'm a fan of beards,
really I love his sound! hence I might overestimate a bit, maybe.. )