Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New ZZ Top
09-10-2012, 11:15 AM,
New ZZ Top
The new ZZ top album is out tomorrow. Anyone picking this up? I didn't think the EP Texicali was very good, so I'm a bit skeptical.
09-10-2012, 07:07 PM,
RE: New ZZ Top
Texicali got a 7.5/10 on BRR, which is a decent score. We should have a review of the new album in probably the next week or so.
09-10-2012, 07:19 PM,
I bought Texacali and liked it ok. I have pre Ordered the new ZZ Top La Futura cd. I have heard it would be like old ZZ Top but I don't think it will be anything like the old stuff. Texacali is not even close in my opinion even though I do listen to it. After all is said and done I still look forward to the new release.
09-11-2012, 04:48 PM,
I've got to say the album is better than I thought it would be. I'm lovin "Flyin High". The album isnt mindblowing but it's definitely not bad.
10-18-2012, 06:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-18-2012, 04:14 PM by muZZyblueZZy.)
in fact folks, I had not liked beards' last album named Mescalero (tho this album had some nice songs like "Alley-Gator", "Crunchy", "Tramp" but I did not dig most of it). Hence, after Mescalero album, I wanna tell y'all that I found that this new album named La futura is successful.

My thoughts about all tracks of La futura;

I gotsa get paid
to me "I gotsa get paid" is one of most interesting works of zz top because somewhere I read this song was the cover of a hiphop song. Also its video clip was published on internet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaIZWjItReI
A nice track, I dig it.

Chartreuse
this track is the describe of zz top. Excellent!

Consumption
consumption is a song that resembles beards' 90s sound. One of my favs on album.

Over you
this song is similar to beards' an old song named "sure got cold after the rain fell" but its guitar solo is original and cool.

Heartache in blue
to my mind, "heartache in blue" is a muddy waters tribute song from beards. Smile

I don't wanna lose, lose you
this track is one of notable songs of La futura. "I don't wanna lose lose you, don't wanna lose you!"
a melodious and catchy song!

Flyin' High
it is a really disappointment for me. Guys and gals, I am not fogy but this song does never seem a ZZ Top song.
For another similar comment about flyin' high: http://www.zztop.com/users/mudsharkable/blogs/2777721

It's too easy manana
what does manana mean ? I don't know its meaning but in my opinion, this song is candidate to be one of beards' best works. Also "it's too easy manana" contains elements of today's music sound.
Beards never age!

Big shiny nines
intro of this song is similar to zz top's an old song named "don't tease me" but a cool song.

Have a little mercy
frankly, "have a little mercy" is one of beards' dispensable songs, but its guitar solo is cool.

for listening to full album
http://musicmp3.ru/artist_zz-top__album_la-futura.html

and lastly, my favorite zz top albums
ZZ Top's First Album
Tres Hombres
Fandango!
Tejas
Degüello
El Loco
Eliminator
Recycler
Antenna
Rhythmeen
XXX
La futura

Regards.
muZZy
10-18-2012, 02:47 PM,
Nice album recap though I disagree on "Flyin High". Wink
10-18-2012, 05:17 PM,
(10-18-2012, 06:54 AM)muZZyblueZZy Wrote: what does manana mean ?

Mañana in Spanish = tomorrow. Hasta Mañana translates to until tomorrow. Basically means the same as good bye or see you later in English. It's one of those foreign phrases that has worked it's way in to American English. Especially down South because of the proximity to Mexico.

KO
Besides attending concerts and listening to music obviously, I'm into my motorcycles, cooking, home brewing just to name a few hobbies.
kevin@bluesrockreview.com
10-18-2012, 06:02 PM,
(10-18-2012, 02:47 PM)srv84 Wrote: Nice album recap...

I was glad you liked it, thanks!

(10-18-2012, 05:17 PM)kevinorourke Wrote: Mañana in Spanish = tomorrow. Hasta Mañana translates to until tomorrow. Basically means the same as good bye or see you later in English. It's one of those foreign phrases that has worked it's way in to American English. Especially down South because of the proximity to Mexico.

KO

many thanks for the info, Kevinorourke

Regards.
muZZy
01-24-2013, 10:39 PM,
I think the lil ol band from Texas did a nice job with Futura.I think it goesback to an early ZZ vibe.
I did like Mescalero.However,only in cherrypicking about half the songs.
They really got a tone down on that album.heavy and deep,both Billy and Dusty.
Like a lot of bands that have been around as long as they have,you never know when it will end due to health issues ect.So its nice after a long hiatis to have new material from the beards as you say!