Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Black Country Communion
09-04-2012, 11:03 PM,
Black Country Communion
New album out next month. Rumors are swirling this may be their last album, i sure hope not! The first 2 albums were top notch!

09-06-2012, 06:05 PM,
RE: Black Country Communion
Ditto!
09-07-2012, 05:57 PM,
It's obvious Glen Hughes is sending Joe Bonamassa an ultimatum, “Drop some of the individual projects and devote more time to BCC or I’m out of here.” I imagine the prolific (insanely prolific) Mr. Bonamassa just can’t choose which children to sacrifice. Confused
09-08-2012, 01:00 PM,
I read GH wants to tour 200 dates a year, which you can understand JB would not when he has his solo career.

It's interesting though how much JB's solo career has grown since BCC began. I think when BCC began part of the reason Bonamassa was up for it was because it would help him get out to more people. For starters, rock music gets more attention than blues, Jason Bonham is the drummer so that would gain some attention, plus Glen Hughes was in Deep Purple. JB's popularity has exploded in the past two years.

At this point though it's clear the others need JB more than he needs BCC. I wish they could find some way to make it work even if it meant BCC just having 20-25 tour dates a year. At the same time though it is kind of frustrating as a fan that JB isn't really handling any of the songwriting for BCC. Nothing wrong with GH's songwriting, but JB wrote Song of Yesterday, which is BCC's best song, plus Hadrians Wall and Oridnary Son. I don't think JB wrote any on the new album. Not having JB write songs makes me feel BCC could always be even better than they currently are. Oh well... I guess as fans we just have to hope for the best.
09-08-2012, 06:20 PM,
I too hope that there is some way that they can work it out and keep both going. His solo stuff gets more play with me though. The BCC stuff is good but I probably only like 1/2 of it most of the time. I skip through a lot of songs cause they just don't do it for me. I'll admit I'm more more blues than rock though and I don't exactly care for Hughes voice most of the time. Joe I can listen to sing anytime.

KO
Besides attending concerts and listening to music obviously, I'm into my motorcycles, cooking, home brewing just to name a few hobbies.
kevin@bluesrockreview.com
09-19-2012, 02:21 PM,
What does everyone think of the new track?

09-20-2012, 02:19 PM,
Pretty solid track.

Now apparently the only BCC gig of 2013 has been canceled. Yikes.... what's going on between Glenn and Joe?!?!
09-20-2012, 05:20 PM,
I going to go out on a limb and say...... Supergroup Ego issues. Name your supergroup and they can't help but pop up.
Besides attending concerts and listening to music obviously, I'm into my motorcycles, cooking, home brewing just to name a few hobbies.
09-21-2012, 01:52 PM,
This reminds me of when Audioslave broke up, another supergroup. They had all but broken up before the release of the third record, and by reading tweets from JB/GH today, it seems the band is indeed done. It probably won't be official until after release though. I feel bad for Jason Bonham and Derek Sherinian.
09-21-2012, 06:16 PM,
Add Cream to the list. Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce just can't be civil to each other. That's why they broke up also. When they played the reunion in London it was great a few years back. They only had to deal with each other for a couple of days. EC was beaming and having a blast. By the time they played in New York the energy was totally different. You could tell they weren't getting along anymore. Looked more like work up there on the stage.

KO