Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Underrated Guitarists?
08-29-2012, 04:49 PM,
Underrated Guitarists?
Who are some of the most underrated guitarists out there right now in Blues Rock? Feel free to share videos, or samples here.

I can think of a few from the Blues Rock Review Album Sampler that are definitely underrated.
08-29-2012, 06:02 PM,
RE: Underrated Guitarists?
First off Pete - You stole my post idea!!!!

The Sheriffs of Nottingham gets my vote for an underrated band. If I had never connected with BRR I probably never would have heard of them.

My other current underrated players are GuGun Power Trio and Vince Esquire.

KO
Besides attending concerts and listening to music obviously, I'm into my motorcycles, cooking, home brewing just to name a few hobbies.
kevin@bluesrockreview.com
08-29-2012, 06:21 PM,
Philip Sayce is still very underrated. His music is hard to get in the US. That might be the problem.

08-29-2012, 06:49 PM,
The UK's Nimmo Brothers are great guitarists who deserve more attention. They are not flashy but demonstrate, through their thoughtful playing, well-informed respect for the Blues Rock tradition...while also breathing new life into the genre. Their Brother to Brother CD is my favorite.

I’d also add Andy Powell of Wishbone Ash. The band’s been around for a long and known for double leads which have a different character from Southern Rock. “Give It Up,” which in featured on their last CD entitled, Elegant Stealth, is a fine example.
08-30-2012, 11:14 AM,
+1 on the Nimmo Brothers. Brother to Brother is a great album, super underrated band.
08-30-2012, 01:43 PM,
+1 For Phillip Sayce. His guitar tones on "Steamroller" are just plain nasty!!
I think the best evidence for intelligent life out there in the universe, is the fact that they havent tried to contact us yet.
08-30-2012, 05:06 PM,
Monte Montgomery

08-30-2012, 07:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-31-2012, 11:07 AM by pfrancis.)
(08-30-2012, 05:06 PM)srv84 Wrote: Monte Montgomery

Loving that. Just picked up the album after hearing that.

KO

(08-29-2012, 06:49 PM)epauley Wrote: The UK's Nimmo Brothers.

I'll agree with that one also. They both can rip it really well.
Here's one of my favorite tracks from them "Long Way From Everything". I love the studio recording and the version that is on their Live album.

Besides attending concerts and listening to music obviously, I'm into my motorcycles, cooking, home brewing just to name a few hobbies.
kevin@bluesrockreview.com
08-31-2012, 04:58 AM,
(08-30-2012, 05:06 PM)srv84 Wrote: Monte Montgomery

Holy Crap!!! This is amazing!
I think the best evidence for intelligent life out there in the universe, is the fact that they havent tried to contact us yet.
08-31-2012, 10:55 AM,
Monte is amazing. Check this out!