Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Robert Cray
08-29-2012, 11:19 AM,
Robert Cray
Just picked up the new album yesterday and it's awesome! His best in a while!

08-29-2012, 12:01 PM,
RE: Robert Cray
I was just listening to some of his older stuff, and I cant wait to hear this new one.

He definitely has a style thats all his own, and he covers alot of musical bases.
I think the best evidence for intelligent life out there in the universe, is the fact that they havent tried to contact us yet.
08-29-2012, 05:47 PM,
(08-29-2012, 11:19 AM)srv84 Wrote: Just picked up the new album yesterday and it's awesome! His best in a while!

I have to agree with you. I think it's one of his better albums in a while.
KO
Besides attending concerts and listening to music obviously, I'm into my motorcycles, cooking, home brewing just to name a few hobbies.
kevin@bluesrockreview.com
08-29-2012, 06:24 PM,
I just purchased "Nothin But Love." I saw Cray backing up Clapton in Fargo, North Dakota about 7 years ago. He gave a solid performance - including playing Crossroads with Clapton.
09-06-2012, 06:04 PM,
Now that I've spend ample time listening to “Nothin But Love” I can sing its praises. It is among the best CD's released this year. As expected, great Blues tunes seasoned with a dash of Rock. The strong influence of the Rhythm & Blues is undeniable as well - the fifth track entitled, “A Memo” is a fine example.

I would be remiss not to mention Cray’s guitar playing here. He treats listeners to a continuous smattering of fresh Blues riffs - complemented by soulful leads and surprising chord variations.

In a word “Nothin But Love” is brilliant!
09-06-2012, 08:41 PM,
(09-06-2012, 06:04 PM)epauley Wrote: Now that I've spend ample time listening to “Nothin But Love” I can sing its praises. It is among the best CD's released this year. As expected, great Blues tunes seasoned with a dash of Rock. The strong influence of the Rhythm & Blues is undeniable as well - the fifth track entitled, “A Memo” is a fine example.

I would be remiss not to mention Cray’s guitar playing here. He treats listeners to a continuous smattering of fresh Blues riffs - complemented by soulful leads and surprising chord variations.

In a word “Nothin But Love” is brilliant!

I'm glad you agree with my review. It's good to know that I wasn't far off of what most people who have heard are saying about it.
Besides attending concerts and listening to music obviously, I'm into my motorcycles, cooking, home brewing just to name a few hobbies.
kevin@bluesrockreview.com
09-07-2012, 01:09 PM,
Thanks to your glowing review and the positive comments of others here, I purchased the CD before hearing it...and, as you can see, I have no regrets.
09-07-2012, 01:50 PM,
In my top 5 for the year!