Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Favorite Album of 2012?
08-26-2012, 03:31 PM,
Favorite Album of 2012?
2012 is turning out to be another very solid year for Blues Rock. Any favorite albums for the year?
08-26-2012, 04:10 PM,
RE: Favorite Album of 2012?
Favorite blues album: My Perception by Black Box Revelation. Favorite non-blues album: thingscanchange, by Madràs. They're just starting out, but they're so authentic and down-to-earth that I can't help but love them. http://madras.bandcamp.com
08-29-2012, 03:16 PM,
Ron Sayer JR - Better Side - a class act/album, closely followed by Mitch Laddie - Burning Bridges.......a great follow up 2nd album and developing nicely...........
08-29-2012, 03:29 PM,
I have a few. Michael Burks final CD, "Show of Strength", Joe Bonamassa's "Driving Towards The Daylight", Albert Castiglia's "Living The Dream", and Albert Cumming's "No Regrets"....As I write this a few others come to mind, but I'll stop. lol
08-29-2012, 05:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2012, 05:58 PM by kevinorourke.)
I have to say that I am really impressed with the Carson Henley 100 hours release. It's right up there for my favorite of the year. I'll also throw in a few more:

Robert Cray - Nothing But Love
Joe Bonamassa - Driving Toward The Daylight
Vince Esquire - First Offense
Simon McBride - Nine Lives
Philip Sayce - Steamroller
Oli Brown - Here I am
Dan Patlansky - 20 Stones
Nimmo Brothers - Brother to Brother
Mitch Laddie - Burning Bridges
Kris Pohlman Band - One for Sorrow

So that's my top 11 for the year so far in NO particular order.
KO
Besides attending concerts and listening to music obviously, I'm into my motorcycles, cooking, home brewing just to name a few hobbies.
kevin@bluesrockreview.com
09-02-2012, 02:20 AM,
It's a difficult one.There were a lot of good albums at 2012.
Ryan McGarvey - Redifined
Blue on Black - Robert Johnssons door
Virgil and The Accelerators - Radium
Nimmo Brothers - Brother to brother
Albert Cummings - No regrets
Chantel Mc Gregor - Like no other
Ben Poole band - Let's go upstairs
09-02-2012, 04:46 AM,
I have a good feeling that gary Clark Jr's upcoming album is going to get alot of play time in my car, and probably be my favorite of the year...
I think the best evidence for intelligent life out there in the universe, is the fact that they havent tried to contact us yet.
09-02-2012, 08:18 PM,
I have really enjoyed many many releases this year. But here are a few that are worth checking out by anyone interested.
Tony Spinner - Down Home Mojo
Julian Sas - Bound To Roll
BoneDog - Desert Storm
09-02-2012, 10:07 PM,
(09-02-2012, 08:18 PM)Secoy Wrote: Tony Spinner - Down Home Mojo

Totally agree on Tony Spinner. Love his older stuff also. Worth checking out.

Besides attending concerts and listening to music obviously, I'm into my motorcycles, cooking, home brewing just to name a few hobbies.
kevin@bluesrockreview.com
09-03-2012, 09:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-03-2012, 10:27 AM by Secoy.)
KnuckleHead is an awesome track from the Down Home Mojo cd. But in my humble opinion there is not a weak track on the cd. The vocals are very good but the guitars are what I really get into. Tony Spinner has been around a good while and it seems he just keeps on delivering solid albums that Feature the guitar.

Here is a couple Youtube Videos of Desert Storm album by BoneDog, Enjoy.
http://youtu.be/YBuHNs9etyM

http://youtu.be/-QmfoWVUyzU

Also a song from Julian Sas Bound To Roll Album. Check it out.

http://youtu.be/l5lU3SWGNEo