Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apollo House
05-17-2013, 11:15 AM,
Apollo House
Here is a Chicago based blues rock band that with be opening up for Rival Sons next week. I personally like their sound. Hoping the BRR give them some love. Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.youtube.com/apollohousevideo

https://www.facebook.com/ApolloHouseBand

http://apollohouse.bandcamp.com/
"Got not time for spreading roots, the time has come to be gone. And though our health we drank a thousand times, its time to ramble on."
05-19-2013, 07:06 PM,
RE: Apollo House
You beat me to this Sopaw.I have seen this band from its inception since I have a personal connection to the band in a distant sort of way.They are real good live for sure.I have my fingers crossed they can get some good gigs in Chicago and this with the Rival Sons is a good start!
05-20-2013, 05:33 PM,
I agree. I am excited to see them. I saw their youtube videos and enjoyed enough to buy their ep. So I am definitely looking forward to seeing them live.
"Got not time for spreading roots, the time has come to be gone. And though our health we drank a thousand times, its time to ramble on."
05-23-2013, 09:01 PM,
Cool find Sopaw28. I like this band.
06-01-2013, 08:35 PM,
(05-19-2013, 07:06 PM)grooveyardgary Wrote: You beat me to this Sopaw.I have seen this band from its inception since I have a personal connection to the band in a distant sort of way.They are real good live for sure.I have my fingers crossed they can get some good gigs in Chicago and this with the Rival Sons is a good start!

Apollo House was very awesome live btw....Think I will definitely see them again. I guess they are going to release a new cd in June
06-02-2013, 11:52 AM,
My girfriends niece who is friends with Joe Korby(lead singer and guitar) and has been involved with promoting the band.So she was involved when Joe was putting together the band.They both went to school at Columbia.I am hoping to see them again soon.Saw them at Goose Island in Wrigleyville a couple months ago.The only thing is they were part of a group of bands and only played a 30 min set.I would like to see them play a more extended set.Glad you digged them.
06-04-2013, 05:16 PM,
I got tickets to see them again in June at the Ace Bar. It's their album release party/show. So they should play for quite a while. Tickets were only 5 bucks and the Ace Bar is a cool little place.
06-05-2013, 09:41 AM,
I am going to try to make that show.But can't commit just yet.If I make it hope to sy Hi in person to you Sopaw!
06-05-2013, 12:31 PM,
Let me know we will meet up have a beer
06-06-2013, 09:54 PM,
I will for sure!