Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi Blues Lovers
02-11-2013, 04:37 PM,
Hi Blues Lovers
Pleased to find another Blues site on Wordpress.
I started a site of my own http://www.3songsbonn.com a while ago because so many U.S. and U.K. musicians were coming through my town (Bonn, Germany)
What that's told me is that Blues isn't about colour or class or even nationality - it's a very basic need or as Willie Dixon once said: "Blues is the truth, and if it ain't the truth then it ain't Blues"

I enjoyed Blues music in the 70's with Rory Gallagher and Eric Clapton and then sort of got lost in Hard Rock. In 2005 I caught a great show by RUF Records called Blues Caravan playing in Bonn and rediscovered my love. I also discovered an amazingly talented lady from Serbia named Ana Popovic and helped run her Fansite on the web.

Now I am a keen photographer and writer which I put together to produce my own website and let people know that there are people like Erja Lytinnen (Finland), Jimmy Bowskill (Canada) and Henrik Freischlader (Germany) out there. In short - Blues is all Around!

I hope to ,discover more Blues music through this site too.
02-12-2013, 12:04 PM,
RE: Hi Blues Lovers
Welcome to the site Johnno. Good to hear from people in other parts of the world. Pretty cool the interest you have taken and the your website. I just took a quick look, nice looking site.
I have heard of Jimmy Bowskill and am a fan of Henrik Freischlader.