Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUPERSTACK
01-05-2013, 05:17 PM,
SUPERSTACK
SUPERSTACK has only one full length album that was issued in 2007 I believe. It is one of my all time favorite cds to listen to. One of those rare cds that every song is good. Wish these guys would put out another cd. The band is from Canada. They released a cd and it is a self titled cd. This album is available on itunes also. I have just discovered that the lead singer Scott Donnelly has released 3 solo singles in 2012. They are available on itunes also. From the bands myspace page Scott says there will be many more releases. All I can say is Keep Em Comin Brother.
For your listening pleasure here is Youtube video of Kick It On Down from the cd.

01-05-2013, 07:02 PM,
RE: SUPERSTACK
Good Stuff, what is the story on just one album? Did they break up? Kind of like bands like Silvertide, great 1st album and then nothing.
01-05-2013, 08:57 PM,
I'm not sure why they have only released 1 cd. I was surprised to see where Scott Donnelly had released 3 singles as a solo Artist. This makes me think they are split up. I hope not but that's what happens sometimes. Kinda makes me think of Back Door Slam One Awesome album then Davy Knowles goes out on his own. I like The Back Door Slam album better than any of Davy solo stuff.
01-06-2013, 12:17 PM,
Yeah, Back Door Slam was a pretty good album, The band backed Davy up on the next album, so not sure what the deal was there, more name recognition I guess. I can't seem to find the Superstack album anywhere for sale.
01-06-2013, 03:43 PM,
Available as a download and can buy the cd through there website I believe superstackmusic.com
You may have to send an email from there website to get the cd.
01-06-2013, 10:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-07-2013, 10:17 AM by kevinorourke.)
Need to find myself a copy of Superstack now.

FYI - The Back Door Slam on the second album is a completely different band.

Original members - Jamie Armstrong (bass guitar), Ross Doyle (drums) and Brian Garvey (rhythm guitar) I know you're scratching your head thinking that there were only three including Knowles. There were for the Roll Away album. Brain was killed in a car accident.

Roll Away - Jamie left the band and was replaced by Adam Jones.

Coming Up for Air - Kevin McCormick on bass, Mauricio Fritz Lewak on drums, (both from Jackson Browne's band), Benmont Tench on keyboards and Peter Frampton on guitar,
Besides attending concerts and listening to music obviously, I'm into my motorcycles, cooking, home brewing just to name a few hobbies.
kevin@bluesrockreview.com
01-07-2013, 09:56 AM,
thanks for the info Kevin, I could have sworn it was the same band but the memory isn't what it used to be for sure. LOL

I have both albums guess I should have looked.
01-07-2013, 10:22 AM,
I just happened to know since I thought it was weird the second time I saw him that he had a totally different band, yet there were still Back Door Slam. I ran into him after the show and had a chance to ask him about it. Turns out that the other guys just wanted to go home and be "normal". Tired of touring etc. They were all school friends.

I think the second group is definitley better live. Not sure if the guys playing on tour for Coming Up For Air were the same as the studio though.
Besides attending concerts and listening to music obviously, I'm into my motorcycles, cooking, home brewing just to name a few hobbies.
kevin@bluesrockreview.com