Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Fleetwood Mac of Christmas Past
11-18-2012, 09:13 PM,
Thumbs Up  The Fleetwood Mac of Christmas Past
So when I first heard this song a few months ago, I couldn't believe that this was actually Fleetwood Mac. It's really too bad that they lost this awesome sound in favor of... whatever they became.

Anyway, this song just really speaks to my soul and I like this video because it includes a bunch of little factoids that are pretty interesting (thanks, BBC!)

Hope you enjoy!

If it ain't Brokaw, don't fix it.
11-19-2012, 09:24 AM,
RE: The Fleetwood Mac of Christmas Past
this is Peter Green not the fleetwood mac. Smile

(for other guitarist that is playing next to Peter Green
http://www.fmlegacy.com/Bios/biodanny.html)

great sharing..thanks for sharing this!
11-19-2012, 08:50 PM,
(11-19-2012, 09:24 AM)muZZyblueZZy Wrote: this is Peter Green not the fleetwood mac. Smile

ahahaha I'm an idiot. Oh well, ya learn something new every day Tongue
11-19-2012, 09:03 PM,
You're not an idiot. Smile

Peter Green was a member of Fleetwood Mac. Before he sort of dropped off the deep end....... They changed their sound after he left and moved away from the bluesy rock base to the Stevie Nicks sound that everyone knows.
Besides attending concerts and listening to music obviously, I'm into my motorcycles, cooking, home brewing just to name a few hobbies.
kevin@bluesrockreview.com
11-19-2012, 09:30 PM,
(11-19-2012, 09:03 PM)kevinorourke Wrote: You're not an idiot. :)

Peter Green was a member of Fleetwood Mac. Before he sort of dropped off the deep end....... They changed their sound after he left and moved away from the bluesy rock base to the Stevie Nicks sound that everyone knows.

Awww man, Peter Green has schizophrenia. That's really too bad. Your super long ellipsis made me curious, so I looked it up. Schizophrenia always seems to happen to the most interesting people... or maybe it's the disease that makes them interesting.

Anyway, it's a shame they changed their sound so much. Blues suited them.

Thanks for your vote of confidence in me not being an idiot :D
11-19-2012, 09:47 PM,
Peter was a monster of a player back in the day. It's too bad what happened to him. I just knew that he disappeared and that it was a mental condition. He reappears every once in a while and records something. A very interesting listen to get an idea of what Peter sounded like is too look up the late great Gary Moore's tribute album "Blues for Greeny. "
Besides attending concerts and listening to music obviously, I'm into my motorcycles, cooking, home brewing just to name a few hobbies.
11-20-2012, 07:20 AM,
(11-19-2012, 08:50 PM)Amanda_L Wrote: ahahaha I'm an idiot.

oops! Confused
there I did not want to mean this. Sorry, if I was misunderstood. I just wanted to tell you that the sound that you sampled, was not the fleetwood mac. The sound that you sampled is Peter Green and Peter Green has works similar to it, for instance; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU8rAVsyn1k
By the way other musician named danny kirwan is an ace guitarist too (the existence of him I had discovered thanks to an american friend on the internet)
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_qu...rwan+blues
that's my absolute favorite Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH1S49gW250
11-20-2012, 10:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-20-2012, 10:26 AM by Rob Brown.)
I first heard the song "Oh Well" on an album by The Rockets a long time ago, didn't know it was a Fleetwood mac song until years later. Loved the song.

11-20-2012, 08:29 PM,
Hey that's a great cover Rob! Thanks for sharing.

No worries Muzzy, I guess I just didn't realize that this wasn't actually Fleetwood Mac. Felt kinda silly is all. No harm done Big Grin
11-20-2012, 09:02 PM,
THE CLIP IS Fleetwood Mac!!!! Just an really early version when Peter Green was still in the group.

That's Mic Fleetwood on Drums, Jeremy Spencer on the other guitar, and finally John McVie on the bass with Green.

The lineup changed quite a bit to include eventually Stevie Nicks, Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham with John McVie and Fleetwood which is when they gained mainstream pop success.

Mic Fleetwood's wife was the sister of Pattie Boyd Harrison - Married to George Harrison and eventually to Clapton.